Fingersticks* are required for treatment decisions when you see Check Blood Glucose symbol, when symptoms do not match system readings, when you suspect readings may be inaccurate, or when you experience symptoms that may be due to high or low blood glucose.
1. Data on file, Abbott Diabetes Care, Inc. 2. Haak, Thomas., et al. Flash glucose-sensing technology as a replacement for blood glucose monitoring for the management of insulin-treated type.
2 diabetes: a multicenter, open-label randomized controlled trial. Diabetes Therapy 8.1 (2017): 55-73
3. Bailey Timothy., et al. The Performance and Usability of a Factory-Calibrated Flash Glucose Monitoring System. Diabetes Technology &Therapeutics.2015;17(11):787-794
4. Sensor is water-resistant in up to 1 metre (3 feet) of water. Do not immerse longer than 30 minutes
5. Based on the sensor being replaced once every 14 days, and scanned at least once every 8 hours.
6. The FreeStyle LibreLink app is compatible with NFC enabled phones running Android OS 5.0 or higher and with iPhone 7 and higher running OS 11 and higher
7. The FreeStyle LibreLink app and the FreeStyle Libre reader have similar but not identical features. A fingerstick test using a blood glucose meter is required during times of rapidly changing glucose levels when interstitial fluid glucose levels may not accurately reflect blood glucose levels or if hypoglycaemia or impending hypoglycaemia is reported by the FreeStyle LibreLink app or when symptoms do not match the LibreLink app readings.
8. The LibreLinkUp app is only compatible with certain mobile device and operating systems. Please check www.librelinkup.com for more information about device compatibility before using the app. Use of FreeStyle Libre-compatible apps and LibreLinkUp may require registration with LibreView. The LibreLinkUp mobile app is not intended to be a primary glucose monitor: users must consult their primary device(s) and consult a healthcare professional before making any medical interpretation and therapy adjustments from the information provided by the app. This device is not intended to replace self-monitoring practices as advised by a physician.
9. Transfer of glucose data between applications depends on internet connectivity.