Apple® will introduce StandBy Mode and Assistive Access Mode in the upcoming iOS 17 release. These new modes may impact your experience with your FreeStyle LibreLink¹ app. Please follow these instructions to learn more about actions you can take to avoid potential issues.
1. The FreeStyle LibreLink app is only compatible with certain mobile devices and operating systems. Please check the website for more information about device compatibility before using the app. Use of FreeStyle LibreLink may require registration with LibreView.
No more finger pricks1
A painless14 1-second scan to get glucose levels.
Scan with your smartphone
Use the FreeStyle LibreLink app to scan the FreeStyle Libre sensor using an Android smartphone or iPhone5.
Accurate system readings that are approved to replace conventional blood glucometers.
Approved for people with Diabetes
Children of 4 years and above, adults including pregnant women10.
Simple and discreet
Scan as often as you want, even scans through clothing11.
Automatically captures glucose readings, making it easy to see ups, downs and night-time lows12.
Worn for up to 14 days whilst you shower, bathe, swim or exercise.
With every scan you get your current glucose reading, the last 8 hours of glucose data, and an arrow showing the direction your glucose is heading13 – giving you a full glycemic picture.
Blood glucose meters take glucose readings from capillary blood with a finger prick. Flash glucose monitoring systems are different. Scanning the FreeStyle Libre sensor with a phone or the reader measures the glucose levels from the interstitial fluid, a thin layer of fluid that surrounds the cells of the tissues in your skin.
The FreeStyle Libre flash glucose monitoring system is designed to liberate patients from the hassles of glucose monitoring8.
The FreeStyle Libre system is accurate, stable and consistent over 14 days without the need for routine finger pricking1,2 or calibrations9.
To obtain a glucose reading, simply perform a quick, painless14 1-second scan of your smartphone5 over the FreeStyle Libre sensor.
This easy scan gives you more information without the need for finger pricking1,2.
The FreeStyle Libre sensor is water-resistant4 and can be worn while bathing, showering, swimming or exercising.
We have over 100 FreeStyle Libre Experience Centers across the region. Come visit your nearest location to discover the FreeStyle Libre flash glucose monitoring system.
Images and simulated data for illustrative purposes only. Not real patient or data.
1. Scanning the sensor to obtain glucose levels does not require lancets.
2. Finger pricks are required if glucose readings do not match symptoms or expectations.
3. 60-minute warm-up required when applying the sensor.
4. Sensor is water resistant in up to 1 meter (3 feet) of water. Do not immerse longer than 30 minutes. Not to be used above 10,000 feet.
5. The FreeStyle LibreLink app is only compatible with certain mobile devices and operating systems. Please check the website for more information about device compatibility before using the app. Use of FreeStyle LibreLink requires registration with LibreView. Automatic upload requires a wireless internet connection or mobile data connection.
6. For children aged 4-12, a caregiver at least 18 years old is responsible for supervising, managing, and assisting them in using the FreeStyle Libre system and interpreting its readings.
7. The LibreLinkUp app is only compatible with certain mobile device and operating systems. Please check www.LibreLinkUp.com for more information about device compatibility before using the app. Use of LibreLinkUp and FreeStyle LibreLink requires registration with LibreView. The LibreLinkUp mobile app is not intended to be a primary glucose monitor: home users must consult their primary device(s) and consult a healthcare professional before making any medical interpretation and therapy adjustments from the information provided by the app.
8. In a study conducted by Abbott Diabetes Care, 99% of patients surveyed (n=123) agreed that the FreeStyle Libre system would reduce the hassles of glucose monitoring.
9. Alva S. et al. 2020. Accuracy of a 14-Day Factory-Calibrated Continuous Glucose Monitoring System With Advanced Algorithm in Pediatric and Adult Population With Diabetes.
10. The FreeStyle Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring System Reader (“Reader”) when used with a FreeStyle Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring System Sensor (“Sensor”) is indicated for measuring interstitial fluid glucose levels in people (age 4 and older) with diabetes mellitus, including pregnant women. The Reader and Sensor are designed to replace blood glucose testing in the self-management of diabetes, including dosing of insulin.
11. The reader can capture data from the sensor when it is within 1 cm to 4 cm of the sensor.
12. Bolinder, Jan., et al. Novel glucose-sensing technology and hypoglycaemia in type 1 diabetes: a multicentre, non-masked, randomised controlled trial. The Lancet 388.10057 (2016): 2254-2263.
13. The Glucose Trend Arrow may not always appear with your reading.
14. In a study conducted by Abbott Diabetes Care, 92% of patients surveyed (n=119) patients agree that it was painless or almost painless to apply the sensor.
15. The FreeStyle Libre 2 system has optional glucose alarms. Alarms need to be turned on in order to receive low and high glucose alarms.
The indication for children (age 4 – 12) is limited to those who are supervised by a caregiver who is at least 18 years of age. The caregiver is responsible for managing or assisting the child to manage the Reader and Sensor and also for interpreting or assisting the child to interpret Sensor glucose readings
Clicking the "Yes" link below will take you to a website other than Abbott Laboratories. Links that direct you to other sites are not under the control of Abbott Laboratories. Abbott Laboratories is therefore not responsible for the content of such websites or for any other links that may appear on this website. Abbott Laboratories provides these links only as a courtesy, and the inclusion of a link does not imply approval of Abbott Laboratories for this page.
This is a product-specific website exclusively for people residing in Kuwait. If you live in another country, please contact your local Abbott representative to obtain the correct product information for your country of residence (click “Go to worldwide”). To visit the local site in English, click “Stay here” or access the local page in Arabic by clicking on freestyle.abbott/kw-ar
هذا موقع خاص بالمنتج حصريًا للأشخاص المقيمين في الكويت. إذا كنت تعيش في بلد آخر، فيرجى التواصل مع ممثل شركة أبوت المحلي لديك للحصول على معلومات المنتج الصحيحة لبلد إقامتك (انقر على "الانتقال إلى الموقع العالمي"). لزيارة الموقع المحلي باللغة العربية، انقر على "البقاء هنا" أو قم بزيارة الصفحة المحلية باللغة الإنجليزية بالنقر على freestyle.abbott/kw-en