Time in Range (Time in Target) is the percentage of the time that the person spends with their glucose levels in the target glucose range.FreeStyle Libre automatically calculates the percentage of time you spend in, above and below the target range.
Every 10% increase in Time In Range can lower A1c1 by 0.8%12
Every extra hour in range has a positive impact on your glucose control2
Spending more Time In Range can reduce long-term health complications3
Guidelines recommend spending at least 70% of your Time In Range(70–180 mg/dL)4
(For example: 70-180 mg/dL as Target Glucose Range4)
1. Vigersky RA, McMahon C. The relationship of hemoglobin A1c to time-in-range in patients with diabetes. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2019;21(2):81-85.
2. Battelino T, Danne T, Bergenstal RM, et al. Clinical targets for continuous glucose monitoring data interpretation: recommendations from the international consensus on time in range. Diabetes Care. 2019;42(8):1593-1603.
3. Beck RW, Bergenstal RM, Riddlesworth TD, et al. Validation of time in range as an outcome measure for diabetes clinical trials. Diabetes Care. 2019;42(3):400-405.
4. For adults with type 1 and type 2 diabetes who are not pregnant, not older, or at risk.
5. Haak, Thomas., et al. Flash glucose-sensing technology as a replacement for blood glucose monitoring for the management of insulin-treated type 2 diabetes: a multicenter, open-label randomized controlled trial. Diabetes Therapy 8.1 (2017): 55-73.
Image readings are for illustration purpose only. Not actual patient data.
ADC-44983 v1.0 10/21
The "Yes" link below will take you to a website other than Abbott Laboratories. Links to other websites are not under the control of Abbott Laboratories, and Abbott Laboratories is not responsible for the content of such websites or any link contained in such websites. Abbott Laboratories is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Abbott Laboratories of the site.
Do you want to leave this page?
FreeStyle.abbott/in-en is a product-specific website intended for residents of India only. If you live in another country, please contact your local Abbott office to obtain the correct product information for your country of residence.