1. Scanning the sensor to obtain glucose values does not require fingerpricks.
2. The FreeStyle Libre Reader can capture data from within1cm to 4cm of the sensor, even through clothing.
3. To get a 24-hour glycemic picture, users need to scan at least once every 8 hours.
4. The sensor is water resistant in up to 1 meter (3 feet) of water. Do not immerse longer than 30 minutes.
5. Data on file: Abbott Diabetes Care Inc.
6. Proven to be safe and effective for use during pregnancy, Scott EM, Bilous RW, Kautzky-Willer A. Accuracy, user acceptability, and safety evaluation for the FreeStyle Libre flash glucose monitoring system when used by pregnant women with diabetes. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2018;20(3):180-188
7. FreeStyle Libre is an easy and simple way for pregnant woman to check their glucose, Data on file, Abbott Diabetes Care, Inc
8. For children aged 4-12, a caregiver at least 18 years old is responsible for supervising, managing, and assisting them in using the FreeStyle Libre System and interpreting its readings.
9. Yaron M, Roitman E, Aharon-Hananel G, et al. Effect of flash glucose monitoring technology on glycemic control and treatment satisfaction in patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2019;42(7):1178-1184.
10. Bolinder J, Antuna R, Geelhoed-Duijvestijn P, Kröger J, Weitgasser R. Novel glucose-sensing technology and hypoglycaemia in type 1 diabetes: a multicentre, non-masked, randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2016;388(10057):2254-2263.
11. Haak T, Hanaire H, Ajjan R, Hermanns N, Riveline JP, Rayman G. Flash glucose-sensing technology as a replacement for blood glucose monitoring for the management of insulin-treated type 2 diabetes: a multicenter, open-label randomized controlled trial. Diabetes Ther. 2017;8(1): 55-73.
12. Fokkert M, van Dijk P, Edens M, et al. Improved well-being and decreased disease burden after 1-year use of flash glucose monitoring (FLARE-NL4). BMJ Open Diab Res Care. 2019. https://doi:10.1136/bmjdrc-2019-000809.
13. Charleer S, De Block C, Van Huffel L, et al. Quality of life and glucose control after 1 year of nationwide reimbursement of intermittently scanned continuous glucose monitoring in adults living with type 1 diabetes (FUTURE): a prospective observational real-world cohort study. Diabetes Care. 2020;43(2):389-397
Images are for illustration purpose only.
ADC-44445 v1.0 09/21