1. Diabetes.co.uk. (2019). Simple vs Complex Carbohydrates – Difference Between Simple Sugars and Starches. https://www.diabetes.co.uk/nutrition/simple- carbs-vs-complex-carbs.html
2. NHS 2019, The Eatwell Guide. https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/eat-well/the-eatwell-guide/
3. American Diabetes Association. Standards of medical care in diabetes—2020. Diabetes Care. 2020;43(1):S77-S88.
4. Public Health England 2016, Guidance: Getting every adult active every day https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/health-matters-getting-every -adult -active-every-day/health-matters-getting-every-adult-active-every-day#the-benefits-of-physical-activity/
5. Diabetes UK 2019, Sports Nutrition and Type 1 diabetes, https://www.diabetes.org.uk/guide-to- diabetes/enjoy-food/eating-with-diabetes/out-and-about/sports-nutrition-and-type-1-diabetes/.
6. Hypoglycemia (Low blood glucose). American Diabetes Association. http://www.diabetes.org /living-with-diabetes/treatment-and-care/blood-glucose-control/hypoglycemia-low-blood.html.
7. Diabetes UK 2019, Walking with diabetes, https://www.diabetes.org.uk/guide-to-diabetes/managing-your-diabetes/exercise/walking-with-diabetes/
8. Finger pricks are required if glucose readings do not match symptoms or expectations.
– Images are for illustrative purposes only. Not real patient or Health Care Professional.
– Simulated data for illustrative purposes only. Not real patient or data.