Apple® will introduce StandBy Mode and Assistive Access Mode in the upcoming iOS 17 release. These new modes may impact your experience with your FreeStyle LibreLink¹ app. Please follow these instructions to learn more about actions you can take to avoid potential issues.
1. The FreeStyle LibreLink app is only compatible with certain mobile devices and operating systems. Please check the website for more information about device compatibility before using the app. Use of FreeStyle LibreLink may require registration with LibreView.
Time In Target
Low Glucose Events
Check your smartphone is connected to a WiFi or cellular network. Tap SIGN IN or GET STARTED NOW.
Review the legal information and follow instructions to set up a LibreView account or log in to your existing account.
Enter your personal settings.
Tap NEXT after each screen.
Review important information about glucose readings, when to do a blood glucose test, and where to apply a sensor. Tap NEXT to proceed til you see the SCAN NEW SENSOR screen.
Tap scan button . You can either tap the blue box on the Home Screen or at the top right.
Hold top of phone near sensor until you get a tone and/or vibration.
Scan your sensor to start it.
Note: If you want to use both the reader and the app to check your glucose, you must start the sensor with the reader first.
The sensor can be used to check your glucose after the warm-up period. While the sensor is warming up, you can navigate away from the app.
After the warm-up period, scan your sensor to get your glucose reading.
3 simple steps to better diabetes management
Quickly scan for glucose values
Scan your sensor with the FreeStyle LibreLink app on your compatible smartphone. The scanned values are automatically transmitted to the web-based diabetes management system LibreView.
Analyze FreeStyle Libre data online
View clear reports and glucose history online in the web-based diabetes management system LibreView and share them with your healthcare professional team.
Simply share glucose readings
Each scan with FreeStyle LibreLink automatically updates in the LibreLinkUp app allowing your caregivers or family members to be informed and part of your diabetes management.
Check if your smartphone is compatible to download and use the FreeStyle LibreLink app1
Note that the FreeStyle LibreLink application is only compatible with select phone models that have the NFC functionality. Many smartphone models are already compatible with the FreeStyle LibreLink app. Here is a list of models that are compatible.
If you are already using the FreeStyle LibreLink app, you can update the app in 3 easy steps via your smartphone.
1. Open the Apple App Store
2. Select "Update" at the bottom right
3. Scroll down the list of available updates for FreeStyle LibreLink and click "Update"
1. Open the Google Play Store
2. Select "My apps and games" in the top right of the main menu
3. In the "Updates" tab, scroll to FreeStyle LibreLink and click "Update"
Images and simulated data for illustrative purposes only. Not real patient or data.
1. The FreeStyle LibreLink app is only compatible with certain mobile devices and operating systems. Please check the website for more information about device compatibility before using the app. Use of FreeStyle LibreLink requires registration with LibreView. Automatic upload requires a wireless internet connection or mobile data connection.
2. Scanning the sensor to obtain glucose levels does not require lancets.
3. Finger pricks are required if glucose readings do not match symptoms or expectations.
4. The LibreLinkUp app is only compatible with certain mobile device and operating systems. Please check www.LibreLinkUp.com for more information about device compatibility before using the app. Use of LibreLinkUp and FreeStyle LibreLink requires registration with LibreView. The LibreLinkUp mobile app is not intended to be a primary glucose monitor: home users must consult their primary device(s) and consult a healthcare professional before making any medical interpretation and therapy adjustments from the information provided by the app.
Clicking the "Yes" link below will take you to a website other than Abbott Laboratories. Links that direct you to other sites are not under the control of Abbott Laboratories. Abbott Laboratories is therefore not responsible for the content of such websites or for any other links that may appear on this website. Abbott Laboratories provides these links only as a courtesy, and the inclusion of a link does not imply approval of Abbott Laboratories for this page.
This is a product-specific website exclusively for people residing in Kuwait. If you live in another country, please contact your local Abbott representative to obtain the correct product information for your country of residence (click “Go to worldwide”). To visit the local site in English, click “Stay here” or access the local page in Arabic by clicking on freestyle.abbott/kw-ar
هذا موقع خاص بالمنتج حصريًا للأشخاص المقيمين في الكويت. إذا كنت تعيش في بلد آخر، فيرجى التواصل مع ممثل شركة أبوت المحلي لديك للحصول على معلومات المنتج الصحيحة لبلد إقامتك (انقر على "الانتقال إلى الموقع العالمي"). لزيارة الموقع المحلي باللغة العربية، انقر على "البقاء هنا" أو قم بزيارة الصفحة المحلية باللغة الإنجليزية بالنقر على freestyle.abbott/kw-en