Automatically measures and stores your glucose readings
A painless one-second scan, even through your clothing1
Get 8 hours of glucose data2 and glucose trends
Designed to be water-resistant3
Fingerprick4 blood glucose readings and sensor glucose reading won't always match and in fact are likely to be different. That's because sensor glucose readings come from the interstitial fluid (ISF), a thin layer of fluid that surrounds the cells of the tissues below your skin, not from your blood. There is a 5 to 10 minute delay in ISF glucose response to changes in blood glucose. Glucose readings on ISF have been proven to reliably reflect glucose levels.
It can take a few minutes for glucose to move from blood to the ISF. Blood glucose readings tend to be about 5 minutes ahead of sensor readings5.
For most treatment decisions, sensor readings from the FreeStyle Libre can replace Fingerprick4 tests6.
It’s normal if your sensor readings are different than your blood glucose readings in certain situations (like after meals, after insulin, or after exercise).
For most treatment decisions, sensor readings from the FreeStyle Libre can replace Fingerprick4 Readings5
Calibration is a process that matches the glucose readings from the Sensor with a standard reference to ensure the devices are accurate. The FreeStyle Libre Sensor is factory calibrated and manufactured with minimal sensor-to-sensor variation eliminating need for finger prick calibration.
The FreeStyle Libre is approved to be used for glucose monitoring in pregnant women7-8
Proven to be safe and effective for use during pregnancy
FreeStyle Libre is an easy and simple way for pregnant woman to check their glucose
The FreeStyle Libre is approved for 4 years and above
97% of users, ages 4-179, say the FreeStyle Libre is easier to use than fingerprick testing10.
Diabetes means broken nights for parents and children. Children undergo fingerprick tests on average 6 times a day and dislike it for many reasons: hassle, pain and embarrassment1.
51% of children suffer sleep disruption due to diabetes management, and 63% of children have had at least one episode of severe hypoglycemia during sleep1.
With the FreeStyle Libre, parents or care givers can manage night time monitoring without the need to wake them up^11.
1. The FreeStyle Libre Reader can capture data from within1cm to 4cm of the sensor, even through clothing.
2. To get a 24-hour glycaemic picture, users need to scan at least once every 8 hours.
3. The sensor is water resistant in up to 1 meter (3 feet) of water. Do not immerse longer than 30 minutes.
4. Scanning the sensor to obtain glucose values does not require fingerpricks
5. Data on file. Abbott Diabetes Care.
6. Scott EM, Bilous RW, Kautzky-Willer A. Accuracy, user acceptability, and safety evaluation for the FreeStyle Libre flash glucose monitoring system when used by pregnant women with diabetes. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2018;20(3):180-188 (looks like an incomplete reference)
7. Proven to be safe and effective for use during pregnancy, Scott EM, Bilous RW, Kautzky-Willer A. Accuracy, user acceptability, and safety evaluation for the FreeStyle Libre flash glucose monitoring system when used by pregnant women with diabetes. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2018;20(3):180-188
8. FreeStyle Libre is an easy and simple way for pregnant woman to check their glucose, Data on file, Abbott Diabetes Care, Inc
9. For children aged 4-12, a caregiver at least 18 years old is responsible for supervising, managing, and assisting them in using the FreeStyle Libre System and interpreting its readings.
10. Edge, Julie, et al. An alternative sensor-based method for glucose monitoring in children and young people with diabetes. Archives of Disease in Childhood 102.6 (2017): 543-549
11. A finger prick test using a blood glucose meter is required during times of rapidly changing glucose levels when interstitial fluid glucose levels may not accurately reflect blood glucose levels or if hypoglycaemia or impending hypoglycaemia is reported by the system or when symptoms do not match the system readings. For a complete glycaemic picture, scan once every 8 hours.
ADC-44445 v1.0 09/21
The "Yes" link below will take you to a website other than Abbott Laboratories. Links to other websites are not under the control of Abbott Laboratories, and Abbott Laboratories is not responsible for the content of such websites or any link contained in such websites. Abbott Laboratories is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Abbott Laboratories of the site.
Do you want to leave this page?
FreeStyle.abbott/in-en is a product-specific website intended for residents of India only. If you live in another country, please contact your local Abbott office to obtain the correct product information for your country of residence.